The PHSS mantra is “protecting your world” and at the very heart of our business are our consultancy services. These are the services which allow us to help your business thrive in a safe and healthy environment so that you can focus on the growth of your company. With us, you don’t have to be an expert in health and safety. You can confidently leave that to PHSS.
PHSS offers several different types of consultancy service that can be tailored to your requirements. Whether you need us for one project or on a monthly retained basis, we have a package for you. Our proactive and methodical approach helps our clients develop a safety mindset within their organisations, raises awareness of health and safety issues, reduces the likelihood of accidents and incidents and ultimately, saves lives.
This blog will walk you through our different services to help you decide how we can best help to protect your world.
Workplace inspections are crucial in order to identify any hazards or risks. PHSS provides health, safety and environmental inspections to all industries – working with on-site managers, supervisors and workers to ensure compliance with legislative and company procedural requirements to keep your teams healthy and safe.
What is included?
- The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Inspection. A member of our highly experienced and competent Health and Safety Advisor team will visit your workplace and undertake a detailed inspection. They will identify any existing hazards and risks, and potential risks, that may exist there. The visit can be planned or unannounced depending on what you’d prefer.
- Report and Actions. A digital report and corrective action plan will be distributed within 24 hours of the inspection so that you can start taking action as soon as possible.
PHSS’s team of H&S advisors have years of experience in performing workplace inspections and can help you to identify what must be done to keep your teams healthy and safe.
The PHSS team have a wealth of experience in delivering both small and large-scale projects for a variety of clients. We can support you throughout the entire lifecycle of your project, from conception to handover, and can be on-hand to help ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company procedural requirements.
What we can offer for projects?
- CDM advice and support
- Telephone, online and in-person support. That means that you’ll get an answer to your question when you really need it
- Workplace inspections to ensure you’re following legal requirements which will keep everyone happy, healthy and safe!
- Incident Investigation and Reporting. When an incident occurs, we will be there to investigate and recommend solutions to eliminate recurrences.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Review Meetings
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, Policies and Procedures. This will ensure that your whole team is on the same page and have a good understanding of the measures in place to ensure everyone’s health and safety
- Any required Safe System of Work documentation (Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Lift Plans, COSHH Assessments, Permits to Work etc).
- Behavioural Safety and Coaching
Bespoke Consultancy Retainers
PHSS provides bespoke monthly consultancy retainer agreements, tailored to your business and your requirements. This allows you to name PHSS as your ‘Competent Health and Safety Advisor’, which is a legal requirement for all businesses. Using PHSS for your Health and Safety advice removes the burden and confusion of ensuring compliance. You can leave all of that to us!
What can be included?
- Telephone, email and in-person support. PHSS are your local, friendly face and are on-hand whenever you require to provide positive and proactive advice, tailored to your business.
- Workplace, site or premises inspections. These will ensure that your site or premises are following legal requirements and will keep everyone happy, healthy and safe!
- Monthly reports and statistics detailing KPIs, to identify which H&S areas are performing best, and which require more focus.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Review Meetings, chaired and minuted by a PHSS H&S Advisor
- Health and Safety Policies and Procedures to meet legislative requirements, and to keep your team working to a consistent approach
- Support in obtaining industry and internationally recognised accreditations such as CHAS or Constructionline
- Any required Safe Systems of Work documentation (Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Lift Plans, COSHH Assessments, Permit to Work etc). These will be tailored to your business and your operations, not just a generic template.
- Contractor Pre-Qualification Questionnaire Advice, to assist you in appointing contactors you can trust to deliver your health and safety values
How does it work?
- A flat rate will be invoiced monthly
- You can name PHSS as your competent Health and Safety Advisor
- Packages will be tailored to your requirements
- We will ensure compliance and keep your teams healthy and safe
- We will be the experts, so you don’t have to be
- You’ll receive access to and support from experienced and competent Health and Safety Advisors
- You will receive a discount on PHSS training courses and E-Learning
Knowing what to do when an incident first occurs is not always easy – that’s where PHSS can help. We can conduct a full investigation into any incident that occurs in your workplace, providing a detailed report with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and actions to help prevent recurrence. Where necessary, we will also liaise directly with the Health and Safety Executive on your behalf.
What is included?
- Support and advice for initial response, so that you know what to do when an incident occurs
- A full investigation. We know the questions to ask and what to look for
- A detailed Report and Action Plan
- AnRCA report. This analysis ensures that the same incident will not occur again and tackles the problem at the very root. We will rectify the cause, not just treat the symptom.
- Assistance in closing out actions.
- Liaison with HSE (if necessary)
There is always room for improvement when it comes to Health, Safety and Environmental Management. That’s where we come in: A member of our experienced and competent advisor team will spend the day at your workplace, reviewing your Health, Safety and Environmental Management System and your practices. We will then provide a detailed report and Action Plan, highlighting what you are doing well, as well as potential areas for improvement. This means that you can be confident that your workplace is as safe as possible, and compliant with all legislation
What is included?
- A full review of Health, Safety and Environmental Management in your business
- Detailed Report and Action Plan explaining exactly what you can do to improve
- Advice on closing out identified actions so that you can easily take action straight away
Contact us today if you are interested in any of the above services to find out more information and to discuss how we can help you to create a safe and healthy work environment!